Monday, June 30, 2008

Indian food

rachaelandjake1 I had Rachael and her new sweetie Jake for dinner yesterday. I'd originally planned to make them Moroccan food, including a filo pie thing, but when I heard it was going to be in the mid-nineties I thought I'd better switch my menu to one using pressure cookers instead of the oven. I made our whole dinner out of my new--and very good, so far--cookbook, 1000 Indian Recipes.

We had
potatosalad white and sweet potato salad,
blackchanna black channa,
lemonrice lemon rice,
mangoraita mango raita,
green chutney and green chutney.

I had been going to make cucumber flatbreads, too, but decided it was too hot to cook any more.

1 comment:

joannamauselina said...

That looks all too yummy! We both made green things! Rachael and Jake look as cute as the food looks delish!