Wednesday, November 26, 2008

squash gratin

Here's another squash recipe. I had it with some nice cornbread and fried cabbage.

cabbage and squash

Provençal Squash Gratin

Adapted from René Jouveau's La Cuisine Provençal

1kg winter squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1cm cubes
1/4C flour
6 cloves garlic finely chopped with
1/2C parsley and several sage leaves
salt and pepper
1/4C walnut oil

Toss squash with remaining ingredients, except the oil. Spread evenly into a shallow baking dish and drizzle with the oil. Bake at 325ºF for 2 hours, until it's very soft and has a nice, dark crust.

squash gratin

2 comments:

joannamauselina said...

That looks very yummy. I want some for my Thanksgiving dinner, but I guess I am out of luck and will be having fried rice.

bex said...

Why fried rice? Is that what VM's serving????