Sunday, December 28, 2008

Xmas cookies

xmas cookies

I wasn't as ambitious as usual with my Christmas baking, and only made seven kinds of cookies. Starting at the top and working around clockwise, I made coffee cookies (I was the only one who liked these, though Rachael thought they had an exceptional texture), David Lebovitz's fig cookies (yummy, and so far I haven't given any away), toasted almond thins (taste nice, but spread out to look like cat-vomit), clove hearts (I thought these were the most successful), windmills (Rachael didn't like these all-butter ones as well as my Crisco-and-margarine standby), potato chip cookies (like pecan sandies with squashed potato chips added), and, in the middle, Pfeffernüsse (Annie's favorite).

1 comment:

joannamauselina said...

I need more pfeffernusse.