Wednesday, September 23, 2009

my birthday party

My birthday was a couple of days ago, and we had the party on the actual day (unusually for us) since neither Annie nor I had to work. The party was at Annie's house, and we were supposed to have a fun day of cooking together but she ended up being sick so I mostly cooked by myself. I made many pretty dishes, and even remembered to bring my camera to document them, but I forgot to take any pictures of the food or festivities. I took pictures beforehand:

Here's Maria helping me procrastinate

maria

by knitting on my baby sweater (I got it to the point where I have to get buttons before I can knit any further).

baby sweater in progress

I took pictures afterwards:

Rachael came over for a sleepover and here she is, computing into the night.

rachael at the computer

And the next day I took pictures of some of my presents:

Socks knitted by Annie and mitties knitted by Ana,

pressies ii

and strawberries bottled by Billy Warner and Carmen.

strawberries

2 comments:

joannamauselina said...

What a cute cat and cute girl. Your party was a great success. The dinner was sehr yummy. I was going to say more, but I just got a terrible computer message which I didn't understand and it drove what I was going to say from my mind.

Fulay said...

I am a dork - totally missed it. Happy birthday to you bgirl!